Quantcast
Summer Mantel - Just Between Friends

Summer Mantel

Pinterest Facebook Twitter Stumbleupon Email
I have been working on a couple of fun summer projects for my mantel lately and thought that I would show you what I have finished so far.
First of all, my sisters and I got together and made these fun firecrackers.  They are super simple to make and totally inexpensive.  I really love the way that they turned out!
The frames were a cream color, but I decided to freshen them up a little bit and painted them white.  I am so glad that I did because it really made a huge difference in the way that it all came together.  It was a subtle change, but one that was worth it.  I filled the frames with some of my favorite summer-y pictures.
I have been toying with the idea of making a pennant for a while now.  They are so fun and cute, I just have never found one that I just HAD to make.  After I made the firecrackers, I thought it would be fun to make one that goes on my mantel that is 4th of July-ish.  I really like the way it turned out too.  It is also a super easy and inexpensive project.  All you need is a couple of scrapbook papers, some brads, grommets and a sack from Roberts.  (Yes, that is what I used for the brown behind.  See…..cheap!)  I added a little detail by stitching around the pennant sides with my sewing machine.  I think it really makes it even cuter.

Here it is all put together.  I really like it so far, but feel like it is missing something.  Any suggestions?  I am all ears!

Pinterest Facebook Twitter Stumbleupon Email

16 Responses to Summer Mantel

1. Danielle June 9, 2011 at 5:51 pm #

I LOVE the watermelon pictures! Your mantel looks great.

danielle

2. Barbara June 9, 2011 at 6:22 pm #

I love it! The bunting + pinwheels…perfect.

3. Becky June 9, 2011 at 8:43 pm #

Wow, you’re so creative! Wish my brain could work a little more like yours…

4. Amy at Ameroonie Designs June 9, 2011 at 9:35 pm #

Love it! The pictures of Lillie are darling- love that huge slice of watermelon. :) The banner is great- the pinwheels just make the whole thing pop!
    xoxo,
    Amy

5. Sandy June 10, 2011 at 1:52 am #

You need flags, flowers and/or flip flops. My favorite summertime accessories!
    Love you!!

6. Bill and Lynette June 10, 2011 at 3:29 am #

This comment has been removed by the author.

7. Ashley Sumsion June 10, 2011 at 3:31 am #

Looks great! It would be even more complete with a picture of me and Mitch in the center. I will print one for your convenience.

8. Steph @ Crafting in the Rain June 10, 2011 at 1:56 pm #

Looks fab-and yeah, those pictures are awesome :)

9. shopannies June 10, 2011 at 3:45 pm #

your decor looks rather fun and ready for summer what a great time it looks like you all will be having come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

10. Emily June 10, 2011 at 9:04 pm #

I love the firecrackers and the shutter with the pinwheel bunting. so darn cute.

11. Sassy Sites! June 11, 2011 at 7:02 am #

So cute! I love the pinwheels! Thanks for linking up at Sassy Sites for our ffa party! Have a wonderful weekend! xoxo!!

-Marni

12. Studio Valerie June 11, 2011 at 3:40 pm #

The pennant is really cute and I especially love the addition of the pinwheels! Your firecrackers are adorable too. Beautiful mantle!

13. Lynda @ {ubersavvy} June 13, 2011 at 7:56 am #

The bunting is beautiful. i love the stitching- i have pinned it onto my boards at pinterest! Thanks

14. Abby June 21, 2011 at 8:02 pm #

I love the Fireworks! How did you do the wick at the top?

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Summer Party Food | Just Between FriendsJust Between Friends - June 28, 2013

[...] this week?  It made the perfect runner for our patriotic set up!  If you are interested in the pinwheel bunting across the front of the table, you can find the tutorial for it on my blog as well.  It makes a [...]

2. July Barbecue - June 28, 2013

[...] simple this time… patriotic pinwheels… Since 4th of July is just around the corner.  Is that pinwheel bunting not the cutest thing [...]